Saturday, December 13, 2008

Been here all along...

Hi little one

I haven't written to you in a while, but guess it makes no difference since you know my every thought anyway and because of that you know that you're on my mind every minute every day. Dadu has been writing exams. He's been studying and writing for a month and today is his last exam for this semester. He's pretty tired but so VERY relieved! I am so proud of him my little seamonkey. He has been working so, so hard and gets up every day to carry on. It's been a long, tough semester for him, his course load has been the heaviest every and he really wants to be finished now. Only one more exam to go, he will be finished writing in about half an hour! You will be born during his final semester next year, so he is super excited for that one! Then he will finally graduate and be able to move on with his life. 

As you know, I have been taking it pretty slow these days. Almost feels like I'm slowing to a standstill some days. I don't know why but I'm just kind of floating and it just feels right. I have all these things I 'should' be doing, but somehow they just take a backseat most days and you and I just hang together in slow motion...taking time to be still and quiet. I think maybe after such a busy (and sometimes stressful) first 6 months it's what we need. So gonna listen to my body, and to what you need, and follow suit. 

Dadu just called, he's finished!!! He's on his way home! Can't wait to see him. And just spend time relaxing with him for a few weeks. It's been such a busy demanding year peanut. Think it's time to rest. Looking so forward to spending time with your dadu and you, and preparing for you to come. We're going to buy all the little bits and bobs we need for you in this time so that's going to be so much fun! And we're going to get some curtains up, I bought some beautiful bright colourful material from India town and we're going to make curtains so that when you come our apartment is a little more cosy. It will be the dead of winter when you arrive, so we will be all snuggly and cosy in here, you, me and dadu, in our little cocoon. Dadu will be studying again but he will also be here to look after us and the three of us will just spend time getting to know each other and gaining strength so that by the time the spring comes, we will be strong and ready to venture out and watch the first of the cherry blossoms bloom. It's so pretty here in Vancouver in Spring Lylah, we can't wait to share it with you.

Then we'll be off to South Africa! Our other home. We have three homes, Canada, Slovakia and South Africa! So we'll be off to meet granddadu and hopefully both your grandmamus. We'll all be together for the last weeks of summer in Cape Town and then back here for summer in Vancouver. Franschhoek is so beautiful. We can just imagine being there with you in that beautiful big home, surrounded by mountains and love. And granddadu and the grandmamus will help us take care of you. Your dadu can rest after finishing his degree and I can rest after having you! 

So beautiful, happy times ahead seamonkey! 

But for now,  you just bake in warmth, and rest and grow and get ready to join us in the big wide world out here.

Going to have one more scan soon so going to see you again in there! Can't wait! You'll have grown so much it's going to be so incredible.

Luv you my little angel, you and your dadu, so much!

x Mamu in the making

No comments: